Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Shopping and Saving at the Salvation Army Thrift Store




Not far from my home is a Salvation Army Thrift Store. At this store can be found any number of treasures. The fact that I live in close proximity to the store means that I enter its doors frequently. But what really keeps me coming back week after week is the awareness of all of the treasures that can be found there- and the low prices as well! There is no HST on clothing and household items at the Salvation Army store as it is a not-for-profit organization. 

But that is just the beginning. Wait for it fellow Canadians! 

The store is open to donations. If you have gently used items that you no longer need or want than you never know who may be able to use them. When you drop off donations at the Salvation Army store an employee will present you with a $5.00 coupon for purchases totaling $25.00. These discount coupons expire in six months’ time. 

I never know what bargains I will find when I step into the Salvation Army store and that is what makes it so much fun! Just recently I purchased a couple of books, a practically new candle holder, a sweater, a blouse and a plastic basket that I am going to use to keep cleaning products in. 

Refresh, recycle and restyle is a tagline that I have seen at the Salvation Army Thrift Store’s website (http://www.thriftstore.ca/). This says it all. If you want to refresh your home, your cottage or your wardrobe then this is the store to visit for bargains and deals.

When you want to recycle do your part and donate your used goods. By so doing you help others in finding the items they need at prices that won’t break their budgets.  

As for restyling well the wonderful stories I could tell you!!

I have always been a bit of a fashionista myself so shopping at the Salvation Army Thrift Store satisfies my passion for adding to my wardrobe and doing so at prices that no one could argue about! How could they? The prices are about as low as they could go! I have received so many compliments about my clothing choices that I have no problem letting them in on my savvy shopping secret- shop at the Salvation Army Thrift Store often and get everyday value pricing on many different designer brands. 


At this thrift store there are up-to-date fashions with many designer labels. You can get so much for so little. Your money goes a long way when you shop at this store and it is fun to boot! It is an excellent way to spend a relaxing afternoon on a Saturday or a day off.  There are dressing rooms to try items on so unlike some secondhand stores there are no worries about buying items that do not fit. 

The staff are helpful and friendly and will come to recognize you as a regular customer if you drop by often enough. At my store (can you believe I called it my store?!) they do not know my name but they know my face and I get a smile every time I arrive to browse.

The Salvation Army Thrift Store has frequent sales on everything from ladies wear to mens wear to kids wear to seasonal merchandise. In my area seniors receive a 10 percent discount every day. This does tend to vary by area however. I noticed recently at the website that not all Salvation Army stores in all of the provinces offer the same deals at the same times. For instance if you are a senior living in British Columbia then you will receive 20 percent off of your purchases every Tuesday. 

Saving money is something that unites us all as the economy continues to hit us hard. Finding ways to spend less while at the same time spending well is important. If you want to find a store that has great finds and helpful staff then you need to give the Salvation Army Thrift Store a try! Before you know it you will coming back time and time again and it won’t be just to browse the selection!     

Image: Idea go / FreeDigitalPhotos.net 
Image: photostock / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Katie! I am too! They are fantastic because you never know what you are going to find. Every time you walk through the door of a thrift store it is a new shopping adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete